Advance LA’s one-on-one coaching helps people who want to progress in their life, but may feel “stuck” and need some help. We take goals and dreams that seem impossible and help create a road map to success.
We value working with other industry professionals and take a team-based approach to success. Whenever possible, we collaborate with family members, therapists and psychologists, psychiatrists, and others to provide a comprehensive program based on what you need.
Coaching works because we do the following:
- Clearly define realistic goals that improve confidence and efficiency
- Help develop new skills that translate into more successful experiences
- Provide live management intervention and support
- Monitor and provide feedback to acknowledge achievements and note areas for improvement
- Assistance and preparedness with homework assignments, projects, and presentations
- New study skills and note-taking strategies
- Exploration of interests and passions to determine academic goals
- Support higher education endeavors
- Complete application process
- Find and access helpful campus services and get one-on-one support
What does a typical session look like?
Every Advance LA coaching session is individual and unique, so there is no such thing as a typical session.
We provide one-on-one coaching where you need it most. If there are challenges at school, we will hold sessions on campus and in the classroom. If the issues are at work, we will go to your place of employment or a job fair. If the issues are more socially-driven, we will go out to a social event and work with you there. We also conduct sessions at your home or in the community.
Session content is goal-oriented and is determined by you and your coach. Together, you will go into the world, try new things, explore, and learn new skills. At the end of the session, your coach may discuss “homework” and plans for the next meeting.
Experience has shown that most Advance LA young adults enjoy their coaching sessions. They are working on things they want to accomplish with a person they like and trust – and having fun along the way.
Contact us today to find out how coaching can help you!