Advance LA periodically offers workshops for teens and young adults on a variety of topics to meet your needs and respond to your questions. We are committed to offering evidence-based practical tools and solutions you can really use through interactive workshops. With this information it is our hope that you can strengthen your ability to successfully pursue your personal life goals (e.g., successful daily living, getting and having a job, managing college or other post high training programs).
Recent workshop topics include:
- College Preparation and Success
- Making and Keeping Life Long Friends
- Managing Stress and Frustration
- Improving your Listening and Communication Skills
- Becoming a Better Problem Solver
- Finding your Passion and Making it Happen
- Applying for a Job and Keeping it
- Living on your Own Successfully
Each workshop involves engaging instruction, real-life examples, and active brainstorming and problem solving.
Join us for our Third Annual Day for Young Adults on Saturday, July 18, 2015!
This year’s event includes workshops on topics such as choosing a college, self-advocacy and working in the gaming industry. The day will also provide participants with the chance to learn new skills such as mindful awareness through yoga, building computer circuits and time management. The ice cream social and dance party will provide participants a festive way to end the afternoon.