Advance LA offers parent workshops on a variety of topics to meet your needs and respond to your unanswered questions. We recognize and understand the important roles of family members in the transition process and we are committed to offering evidence-based, practical solutions you can really use.
The workshops involve engaging instruction, real-life case examples, and active brainstorming and problem solving of your questions and concerns.
Some of the topics include:
- How to Help your Young Adult become More Independent
- Steps to Take in Planning for your Child’s Care Should Something Happen to You
- Improving Communication with your Young Adult
- Motivating your Teen or Young Adult
- Finding Supports and Resources for your Teen or Young Adult with Special Needs
- Supporting your Young Adult in Developing Lasting Friendships and Relationships
Did you miss our last workshop, How to Survive and Thrive: Living with your Young Adult?
Read the recap here.