Many young adults are ready to start the process of becoming more independent and making their mark on the world. Advance LA Workshops provides a catalyst for young adults to successfully begin this important transition. The workshops involve fun interactive lessons, real-life experiences out in the community, and opportunities to practice your skills with peers.
We are committed to offering evidence-based practical tools and solutions you can really use. With this information it is our hope that you can strengthen your ability to successfully pursue your personal life goals (e.g., successful daily living, getting and having a job, managing college or other post high training programs).
Some of the topics include:
- College Preparation and Success
- Making and Keeping Life Long Friends
- Managing Stress and Frustration
- Improving your Listening and Communication Skills
- Becoming a Better Problem Solver
- Finding your Passion and Making it Happen
- Applying for a Job and Keeping it
- Living on your Own Successfully
Stay Tuned for Information regarding our Second Annual Advance LA Conference, Innovate: Supporting Teens and Young Adults in their Transition to Independence, on April 26th 2013 (for parents and professionals) and April 27th 2013 (for teens and young adults).
Check out our calendar for up-to-date information on what we are offering.