Our Clinical Director, Dr. Bonnie Auerbach, provides parents of our Advance LA Life Skills Coaching clients the opportunity for Parenting Coaching. This form of coaching helps parents to identify areas of challenge and highlight family strengths. In addition, parents learn new strategies for supporting their young adult as they advance to independent adulthood.
Dr. Auerbach assists parents as they explore a specific parenting concern or struggle and helps them to develop practical solutions and ideas using a short-term, solution oriented approach. With Dr. Auerbach’s support, parents can feel empowered to get through challenging times and feel confident in their ability to guide their young adult to reaching independence.
- Goal setting
- Identifying resources available for your young adult
- Strategies on how to avoid failure to launch syndrome
- Recognizing and pinpointing strategies for potential sources of stress
- Identifying opportunities for interventions to allow for daily accountability
- Support on difficult issues, such as college dropout prevention, hygiene struggles, the development of healthy relationships, family conflicts, etc.
- Addressing safety concerns and putting supports in place
For these sessions, your family coach will spend time with you to identify the family’s needs, highlight family strengths, and work together to identify new support mechanisms. Depending on the goals, the family coach may meet with you individually and bring in other family members as sessions progress.
Contact us today to find out how coaching can help you!
Advance LA is one of the signature programs of The Help Group, the largest nonprofit of its kind in the United States. Since 1975, The Help Group has worked with children, adolescents, and adults with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse, and emotional problems.